Sunday, April 13, 2014

3 Steps on How I Overcame Insomnia Caused by Caffeine

I have to confess; I like to study in a non-home environment. That is why I went to Gloria Jean's Coffees to further interpret my 6.SFMx MOOC on last Friday.



I've ordered a hot chocolate & a creme brulee frappe. I would go back for the hot chocolate again, but the frappe… well, you can try it if you want.

Although the frappe does not fit my appetite, I still drink quite a lot of it (can't control my mouth from drinking drinks in front of me), and I've totally forgotten that:

I can't sleep if I drink coffee……

And so, I've started my journey of eliminating the caffeine out of my system… 

1. Drink water 

I filled a 1.5 liters bottle & start drinking it (not all at a time because apparently, I don't want to get water intoxication). Hopefully, with the extra water in my system, I'll be able to pass the caffeine out sooner.

2. Exercise 

I am not sure that this works, but there are rumors said that exercise speeds up metabolical activities & thus eliminate the caffeine sooner. For me, I exercise because there's nothing else I can do besides this. I simply searched for an exercise regime on Youtube and followed the instructions. It's a lot of fun, but of course, I also need to endure the massive muscle sores for the next few days.

3. Read a novel 


When I finished a section of the exercise, I took a rest, drink some water & read a novel.



& so after 5 hours of battling with the caffeine, I finally can sleep…