Monday, April 10, 2017

Color Guard Basics

Last week when I was going through my pile-of-mess in my room, I found my old notebook. Feeling nostalgic, I flipped through those pages and found my previous color guard basic routine. Sad to say, our school band does not have a full-time trainer for our section and we kinda have to navigate through our practices on our own. I went back to visit the kids sometimes and somehow noticed that some of the basics went missing as time passes. So, I am posting what we had last time so that you can refer to it if you need/want.


Note: this is the practice routine of Jit Sin Color Guard so you might not know what the name represent.

Flagwork Basics  

1. Shoulder stretching
2. Parallel
3. Angle
4. 27 Points
5. Cone & Reverse Cone
6. Flourish
7. Location
8. Sweep
9. Swing I&II
10. Double Swing
11. Swing Turn
12. Spin
13. Double Spin
14. Triple Spin
15. Drop Spin
16. 5, 2, 5
17. Start-Stop
18. 45°
19. Flick
20. Flick Toss
21. Spin Toss
22. Cone Toss
23. Single Toss
24. Double Toss
25. Parallel Toss
26. 45° Toss
Certain movements are incorporated with the 5 feet positions + Relevé, Plié, and Pointe.

Body Moves Basics

1. Gliding
2. Jazz Walk
3. Jazz Walk + Random Dance (4 + 4)
4. Trotting
5. Spinning