Sunday, August 3, 2014

1st Month of College

Embarking a new phase of life, I'm now officially a college student studying Cambridge A-Levels (Math, Physics, Chemistry & Economics) & SAT. I am studying in Taylor's College Subang Jaya, Malaysia campus.
Actually, I plan to write this blog as "1st day of college", but then I procrastinated & it became "1st month of college". Life away from my parents is quite enjoyable, with every day packed with academic-related events, so free that most of us have no other choice but to study to kill time (shopping mall is in 15 minutes walking distance, but it's really hot & hazy in Subang).

I got a studio unit for accommodation + a friendly roommate as well, which is extremely lucky compared to some of my friends that got eight people per unit. Everyday walking for 1 minute to school is just a piece of cake; it's waiting for the lift that's killing (It's hot & slow & cramped every morning).

Life is quite good here in Subang, which food is everywhere. Transportation is the biggest problem here because taxi fare may burn your purse & I am still trying to understand the bus routes, so walking is still the primary transportation method we use.

One of the biggest problems I face here is it's hard to find someone to accompany you to somewhere, especially when I'm going to buy groceries, no one seems to have the time to waste 1 hour with me (*sigh* problem being the same batch with a bunch of scholars.)

Aside from that, my month of college life had been very enjoyable & entertaining, & I kept heading to school because that's the only place where we can get 24/7 free wifi & air conditioner (so cold you'll need a jacket to feel comfortable). Looking forward to my next month of college!