Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Taylor's KPM Engagement Day


Disclaimer: This is a post on more insights of KPM Bursary 2014 in Taylor's College (different year & college may have different terms)

After I've checked & confirmed that I didn't get the Petronas Sponsorship, I'm packing up my bag & heading to Taylor's College Subang Jaya, not to study but for the KPM Engagement Day.


On 26th April 2014 morning, I get on to the 1st Firefly flight to Subang Airport & take a cab to Taylor's College Subang Jaya (TCSJ). Firefly is rather pleasant, the plane starts on time; the stewardess is very welcoming & they even give refreshments (I was surprised).
Selfie on the plane~

Reached TCSJ early, I stroll around SS15 for a while & then I waited in McDonald's to wait for the event to start.

The Engagement Day is basically about the KPM Bursary & life in Taylor's.

The criteria for KPM Bursary holder:

  • Email the Letter of Acceptance from the college to MOE
  • maintain a result of 3B (Cambridge A-level) 
  • Dress Code 
KPM Bursary covers:
  • Tuition fee of 3 subjects (CAL), the 4th is covered by Taylor's & 4th subject's exam fee is covered by the student
  • Accommodation (Students will need to pay for the utilities bills, & a deposit of RM1000)
  • Language test (IELTS / TOEFL + SAT) *once only
  • Admission test (BMAT/UKCAT/LNAT - max of RM1500) *once only
  • University Application Fee - max of RM500
  • Living allowance of RM430
p.s. there're rumors that said it is easier to get the JPA scholarship for Bursary students. Rumors only la....

They also mentioned about the JPA scholarship for SPM 2013 student
  • 2016 University Entry
  • Academic result - min 3B in CAL, GPA of 3.5 (not sure about the GPA)
  • Full offer from a University from THE's top 50 Universities
  • Options of PILN(overseas) / PIDN (Malaysia)
After that, we're went on a hostel tour. The KPM bursary students will be staying in Menara Rajawali.


Then I walked around the college after having my refreshments since my flight would be in the evening.

Later on I went to Sunway Pyramid to walk around before departing back to Penang. I was kinda worry that I might be caught in a jam cause President Obama was landing in Subang Airport when I' m heading there. Turns out that there's nothing different on the road at all.